The aim of the Environmental Monitoring team is to ensure the protection and enhancement of Tauranga City's natural and built environment.
This is achieved by:
- Monitoring and enforcement of landuse resource consent conditions
- Monitoring compliance with theTauranga City Plan
- Monitoring compliance with the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA)
- Responding to and investigating District Plan related complaints
- Educating site owners and the general public as to their obligations under the District Plan and/or Resource Consent.
The Environmental Monitoring Officers are part of Council's Environmental Planning department. To contact an Environmental Monitoring Officer, please phone 07 577 7000.
Enquiries are allocated on a city ward basis. The city's wards are:
Click on the related questions below to find out more information.
Last Reviewed: 13/09/2013