Contact Us   /   Council A-Z   /   Civil Defence


Costs and delivery | Order a LIM | What's in a LIM?

Buying a house in Tauranga?

If you are looking to buy a house in Tauranga, we recommend that you get a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) before finalising the purchase. A LIM will tell you what the Council knows about the property and any issues that may affect it, and will help you in your decision to purchase.

You can also use a LIM if you’re the seller to disclose important information about your property. If you’re a professional assisting a property buyer or seller, you need to be aware of the information in the LIM when giving your advice.

Costs and Delivery

Our standard residential LIM service (10 working days) costs $244 (incl. GST). An urgent residential LIM (5 working days) costs $366, and a commercial/industrial LIM (10 working days) costs $284.

Day One for processing a LIM is the working day after we receive your application and payment. Please make sure you supply all the necessary information with your application. If you don’t the delivery timeframe could be extended. We will contact you if this is the case.

LIMs are provided electronically via secure FTP (file transfer protocol). You will receive an email with a link to download your LIM and save it on your computer. The link will be valid for 14 days.

If you do not have an email address and want to receive a hardcopy LIM instead, please contact us on 07 577 7000 or

Order a LIM

Order and Pay for a LIM Online

Download a LIM application form (274kb pdf)

You can also order your LIM by calling us on 07 577 7000 or visiting our Service Centre at 91 Willow Street.

What's in a LIM?

A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a summary of the information that we hold on a property. When you apply for a LIM, we prepare a report that may include the following information:

  • any special features of the land known to the Council including potential erosion, falling debris, sinking, slipping, silting or building up of land, flooding or likely hazardous pollutants;
  • private and public stormwater, water and sewerage drains;
  • Government valuation of the property and rates levied for the current year, including water rates where applicable and any rates that may be owing;
  • zoning of the property;
  • any information that has been submitted to Council by a statutory organisation or network utility operator (e.g. suppliers of gas, power) relating to the site;
  • any certificates issued by a building certifier;
  • drinking water supply information; and
  • any other information concerning the land that the Council considers relevant.

Last Reviewed: 07/02/2017