Maps Online - Mapi
Access the online mapping system
Mapi is a free application that uses GIS (Geographic Information Systems) to enable you to view property and land information, networked services, the City Plan and aerial photography for Tauranga City.
Mapi replaces the old TCC map viewers – WebView Xtra and CityZoom
Mapi is easy to navigate and has some extremely useful features that will continue to be developed. With Mapi you can:
- Search for property information
- See the latest aerial photography
- Find the location of council-owned water, wastewater and stormwater pipes
- View contours over your property
- View City Plan information
- Add your own map layers
Before getting started
- Please ensure your PC is up to date and has the latest version of Silverlight installed. Older web browsers, some non-Microsoft mobile devices, ipads, tablets and some operating systems are unable to use Silverlight.
- We will be releasing a HTML5 version soon which will be able to be used on a greater number of mobile devices and operating systems.
- For complete functionality to be available you will need to allow pop ups for the site on your browser.
Help and documentation
For further information please contact the Tauranga City Council Geospatial team directly or contact our Customer Call Centre on 07 577 7000.
Request a Map
Please give us a specific street address or location when making a map request. There are different layers of data that you can ask to have included in your map, including:
- utility services (water / wastewater / stormwater)
- contour lines
- district plan zone information
- property boundaries
- street number labels
- street name labels
- aerial photograph background
Tauranga City Council does not hold marine charts.
Last Reviewed: 02/03/2015