Please see below this week’s update on the project.
- Our water main upgrade on the west side of the road will be commissioned and connected next week.
- Power ducting and gas renewal has been completed.
- The first of the garden pits will be installed next week near Davista.
- Extended work hours: We are continuing to work on our installation of a water main on the Trustpower side of the road, to do this with minimal impact we may need to close the road to through traffic in the evening from 7pm. The road will be re-opened by 6am in the mornings.
- Underground services at the south end have been completed this week.
- The concrete panels are now in place on the first section of the retaining wall at the north end. Work will start next week on excavating and installing the second stage of the wall.
Spring Street and Durham Street Intersection
- At LAST! The first concrete pour has been completed at the intersection, we are all very pleased to see the concrete finally getting in place. We will be continuing with the concrete pours today. Pictured below images of the first pour going in, also a concept image of what it is all going to look like once completed.
Concept image of completed intersection
Traffic management remains the same as per map below (Note Durham Street will be closed to through traffic for night works only):