Tauranga City Council operates and manages a number of cemeteries throughout the City.
The main cemetery is Pyes Pa Memorial Park which provides cemetery and crematorium services. It has a park-like setting and offers a range of memorial garden options. The other older cemeteries are now only used for reserve plot burials and ash interments, except for the Presbyterian Cemetery on 18th Avenue, which has burial plots available for purchase.
- Pyes Pa Memorial Park on R439 Pyes Pa Road
- Presbyterian Cemetery on 18th Avenue
- Methodist Cemetery at 520 Devonport Road
- Catholic Cemetery on corner of Fraser Street and 18th Avenue
- Anglican Cemetery on the corner of Grace Road and 17th Avenue
- Latter Day Saints Cemetery on the corner of Fraser Street and 17th Avenue
Pyes pa Memorial Park (5.8mb pdf)Cemetery rules (170kb pdf)
Mission Cemetery is now closed for burials, it is a tranquil space for both Maori and Pakeha to rest in peace.
Our online cemeteries search provides information regarding burial locations in all six cemeteries operated by us. This doesn't include the Mission Cemetery or any Maori burial grounds.
Search cemeteries online
Fees and charges
You can pay your cemetery fees invoice online by credit card or over the phone by calling Council. For a list of all fees please see Cemetery parks and crematorium fees
Last Reviewed: 21/02/2018