Waterline is an education and advisory service that educates residents on how to look after Tauranga’s water.
This includes ways to reduce your water bill, help prevent unnecessary sewage spills and other ways you can help keep the city’s waterways clean.
Did you know:
- Tauranga has Aa graded drinking water, some of the best in the country
- the average Tauranga home of 2.5 occupants uses 493 litres of water a day
- stormwater is not treated – it goes straight into the harbour or the sea
- we process an average of 27 million litres of wastewater a day
- most sewage spills result from clothing, fat, wet wipes and nappies being put into the toilet or drains.
You can take advantage of our free home visit service to help you save water and money by making your home more water efficient.
A Waterline Advisor can check for leaks, show you how to read your meter, and give you suggestions on how to conserve water. They will also give advice on other water-related matters such as your gully traps.
Request a visit from a Waterline Advisor by call us on 07 577 7000.