Annual Plan 2017/18 consultation
Consultation closed on 20 April 2017 – thanks to all those who participated. Next step: hearings, 9 - 12 May.
Welcome to the third year of Council’s Long Term Plan 2015-2025: the draft Annual Plan 2017/18.
The Annual Plan process serves to update the work plans and budgets that we had set through the Long Term Plan (LTP). We bring any significant or material differences to the community for review and feedback.
Significant or material differences to next year's budget are:
- a proposal to fund $4m towards a new Visitor Information Centre in Mount Maunganui to support the growth of the tourism sector in Tauranga,
- requests from the Papamoa and Mount Mainstreet organisations to increase their targeted rates, which are paid by commercial ratepayers in each area, and
- some differences in planned rates and debt levels, with our fast-paced growth requiring that we reprioritise investment and spend money sooner than planned. This means a proposed rates increase of 3.8% instead of the 3.5% agreed through the LTP, net debt at $462m instead of $427m and the debt to revenue ratio at 221% instead of 215%.
We also sought feedback on some proposed changes to user fees and charges, and to the draft Development Contributions Policy 2017/18.
Note: we have already confirmed funding for the following projects in the draft Annual Plan 2017/18: sludge pond decommissioning at Te Maunga wastewater treatment plant ($6m) | extension of Tauranga airport terminal ($4.6m) | structure plans for new urban growth areas ($1.6m) | new Papamoa Community Surf Rescue Base ($950,000 contribution) | floodlighting at Bay Oval regional cricket ground ($765,000 contribution) | third hockey turf at Blake Park ($600,000 contribution)
Annual Plan 2017/18 Consultation Document (4mb pdf)
Extracts from the Annual Plan 2017/18 Consultation Document are below. For all details see the full Annual Plan 2017/18 Consultation document (4mb pdf) and supporting information.
Talk it over with Elected Members
Want to talk the Annual Plan proposals over with Elected Members? You can contact them via phone or email.
Contact elected members
- Public consultation: 20 March until 5pm 20 April 2017
- Submission hearings: 9-12 May 2017
- Council deliberations: 7-9 June 2017
- Adoption: 28 June 2017
Here is the detailed information that supports the Annual Plan 2017/18 Consultation Document:
Council reports, minutes and audio recordings:
Long Term Plan 2015-2025
Long Term Plan 2015-2025
Last Reviewed: 21/04/2017