The project is to protect properties from flooding in storm events by channelling stormwater run-off into a swale located outside the affected or potentially affected properties.
- Earthworks include shaping and excavating a swale cope with flows greater than the existing pipes capacity.
- A new stormwater chamber captures the first of the overland flows and directs it to the swale.
- Timber poles and concrete block retain parts of the excavation; other areas are battered.
- The house at 36B Meadowland St was demolished. Others will relocate the house on the current 36C to the vacant 36B.
- Driveways and ROW's 3.0m wide concrete paving to IDC standards.
- Relocation of power, water and data cabling.
Request for Tender is available at www.tenderlink.com/tauranga
Request for Tender closes at 2pm on 25 February 2019.