These are the plans that we have developed in association with other agencies and councils. Joint plans help us implement activities in a cohesive and coherent way across our region.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council Regional Land Transport Plan
Bay of Plenty Regional Land Transport Plan 2015-2045 (4.5mb pdf)
Tauranga-Western Bay Digital Enablement Plan
Digital enablement is about helping segments of the economy and community to take advantage of opportunities offered by the internet and fully access the digital economy. It’s about enabling people and companies to make effective use of the internet, software and associated technologies and business models, and to take opportunities that they would not otherwise have taken due to information, capacity or collaboration barriers.
The Tauranga-Western Bay Digital Enablement Plan (DEP) identifies a number of areas where digital services are being under-used by residential and business communities and presents a spectrum of opportunities to improve access, capability and enablement across market segments.
The DEP has the following stated objectives:
- Access: provide access to affordable digital technologies without constraint of time or place;
- Capability: grow the skills and knowledge of people and organisations in our community to take advantage of the benefits that digital technology offers; and
- Enablement: support and inspire people and organisations to use digital technologies to continually improve productivity and community wellbeing.
Key economic opportunities emerging from the plan include –
- Ensuring that the Western Bay receives much needed investment in fast and reliable telecommunications infrastructure;
- Enabling communities and local Small and Medium Enterprises to use the internet and digital services effectively; and
- Enabling the development of ‘use cases’ and businesses cases for investment in new technologies and business solutions that make use of ‘big data’, sensor technologies and software solutions to derive efficiencies in established and emerging sectors of the economy and in local government and community services.
Tauranga-Western Bay Digital Enablement Plan (155kb pdf)
Last Reviewed: 11/12/2017