Highlights from the past week:
- Durham Lane from Durham Street to the Bongard Centre has been excavated, power ducting installed and base gravel laid
- Concrete footpath and roadway laid between carpark building and Beaurepaires. Only the section at carpark entranceway to be completed through this section
- Concrete laid on footpath and roadway on lane two of carpark entrance
- Small retaining wall at Spring Street intersection partially completed
- Cobblestones on carpark corner of Spring Street are 70% complete
- Completed excavation and base preparations of footpaths up to Elizabeth Street
Work happening next week includes:
Spring Street and Durham Street Intersections
- We are happy to announce that the intersection will be open at the end of the month. What an exciting milestone!
- Work will continue on the footpath cobblestone work on the carpark building corner
- Completion of small retaining wall on the north-east corner of the intersection
Outside carpark building
- Cobblestone work will be laid next week on Lane 2.
- Our staff will be working between the entry and exit lanes through this phase of the work, so please be careful entering and exiting the carpark.
Outside Trustpower and Beaurepaires
- Laying concrete footpath between Trustpower and Beaurepaires.
From Beaurepaires to Elizabeth Street
- Pouring kerb and channel from Aspire to Elizabeth Street.
- Installing final rain garden and tree pit near Elizabeth Street intersection.
- Installing street light bases through this area.
- Placing cement treated base under carpark area and against the kerb on footpath side.
- Lay concrete footpath up to Aspire doorway.
- Please note that accesses to businesses from Aspire to Elizabeth Street may vary during the next three weeks as work progresses on the laying of concrete on the footpath through this area. Access may be from one direction only during this time. We will provide appropriate signage and use our traffic controllers to assist the public in accessing the businesses.
- Installing kerb and channel.
- Installing street light foundations.
- Preparing base layers for asphalt.
Please be advised that this newsletter update will conclude at the end of the Durham Street and Durham Lane upgrade in October 2019.
Please contact Keith Campbell our Stakeholder Manager if you have any concerns or questions.