There is an exciting milestone planned for the weekend of 31st August. Dependent on suitable weather conditions, the Spring Street intersection will fully open and allowing two way traffic up to the carpark entrance. We will confirm the intersection opening in next week’s newsletter.
Highlights from the past week:
- Completed the small retaining wall on the north-east corner of Spring Street intersection.
- Continued laying cobblestones on Spring Street intersection.
- Poured first section of parking bays on the east side of Durham Street.
- Installed last garden bed pit of the project.
- Laid kerb and channel through to Elizabeth Street on east side of Durham Street.
- Installed most of the street light foundations.
- Laid the Cement Treated base under carpark area.
- Poured kerbing in Durham Lane.
Work happening next week includes:
Spring Street and Durham Street Intersections
- Complete the footpath cobblestone work on the intersection.
- Plans in place to fully open the Intersection on 1 September – Weather dependent.
- Outside carpark building.
- Complete cobblestone work on lane two and open this lane on 1 September.
- Note that lane three will be closed from 1 September. This means there will be some alterations at the entranceway to use lane two as the exit lane for a month. There will only be one lane entry and one lane exit during this time.
- Outside Trustpower & Beaurepaires
- Laying Cobblestones outside Trustpower.
- From Beaurepaires to Elizabeth Street
- Pouring concrete footpath from Beaurepaires to Palazzo Kitchens. Some of this work will be done late afternoon to minimise disruption to businesses.
- Continue preparing and laying concrete in the parking bays.
Please note that accesses to businesses from Aspire to Elizabeth Street may vary during the next two weeks as work progresses on the laying of concrete on the footpath through this area. Access may be from one direction only during this time. We will provide appropriate signage and use our traffic controllers to assist the public in accessing the businesses.
- Installing of street light foundations.
- Preparing base metal and laying asphalt surface.
- Please be advised that this newsletter update will conclude at the end of the Durham St and Durham Lane upgrade in October 2019.
Please contact Keith Campbell, Fulton Hogan Stakeholder Manager, if you have any concerns or questions.