The Project is changing rapidly and new milestones are being achieved weekly.
As promised, the Spring Street intersection was fully opened to traffic and pedestrians overnight on Sunday 1 September and ready for Monday traffic. This intersection is fully functional so please obey the stop signs in place.
Durham Street is now two way traffic from Spring Street to the carpark building entrance.
The second lane of the carpark building has been completed and opened as the temporary exit lane.
Highlights from the past week:
- Poured the last footpath concrete on east side on street, from Folks Brewers to Elizabeth Street.
- Completed kerb and channel work through to Elizabeth Street.
- Completed base course in the last section of Durham Lane in readiness for asphalt surfacing this week.
- Poured another section of the carpark area outside Aspire.
Work happening next week includes:
Spring Street and Durham Street Intersections
- Complete the footpath cobblestone work on the north eastern side intersection.
- Outside Carpark building
- Prepare and pour concrete on lane three.
- Outside Trustpower and Beaurepaires
- Complete Cobblestones outside Trustpower.
- Pour concrete footpath from carpark building to Trustpower entrance.
- From Beaurepaires to Elizabeth Street.
- Continue preparing and laying concrete in the parking bays.
Please note that the accesses to business from Elizabeth Street to Aspire 2 International School may vary during the next week as we prepare the footpath at the Elizabeth Street intersection for cobblestone work. Fulton Hogan will liaise with affected businesses regarding the timing of this work.
- Complete the asphalt surfacing of Durham Lane from Durham Street to Bongard Centre.
Please be advised that this newsletter update will conclude at the end of the Durham Street and Durham Lane upgrade in October 2019.
Please contact Keith Campbell, Fulton Hogan Stakeholder Manager, if you have any concerns or questions.