We have made great progress this week with most of the concrete work in place. It is now a matter of waiting on some of these areas to cure enough for us to work alongside installing cobblestones, street lights and street furniture without damaging the concrete.
Highlights from the past week:
- Concrete footpath is now complete.
- Concrete carparking is 99% complete.
- Durham Lane has been asphalted.
- Some rubbish bins have been installed.
- Garden planting continues.
- Spring Street intersection cobblestone and asphalt work is now completed.
Work happening next week includes:
- Outside Carpark building
- There is no work in this area next week as we wait for the concrete to cure sufficiently to prepare for cobblestone work on lane three. The lanes will be open by end of September.
- Outside Trustpower and Beaurepaires
- Complete cobblestones outside of Trustpower.
- Continue planting of gardens where possible. Note that some of the garden planting will happen after the new seating is installed in October.
- From Beaurepaires to Elizabeth Street.
- Complete cobblestones outside Beaurepaires.
- Prepare base of roadway prior to installing cement treated basecourse and asphalt in coming weeks.
- Start cobblestone work on make-up strip between footpath and buildings.
- Prepare base for cobblestones at Elizabeth Street intersection.
- We have one light base to install.
Please be advised that this newsletter update will conclude at the end of the Durham Street and Durham Lane upgrade in October 2019.
Please contact Keith Campbell, Fulton Hogan Stakeholder Manager, if you have any concerns or questions.