The site has a more completed look about it outside the university as the trees and garden planting continues and the orange wall of barriers reduces. There has been some cracking on the footpath outside the University. This is currently being replaced. We continue to wait for the concrete parking areas to cure before we complete the asphalt surfacing. You will see the cement treated aggregate poured next week in preparation for the asphalt surfacing.
Photo: University and carpark taken from Spring Street.
Highlights from the past week:
- Cobblestone work progressed through to Basestation.
- More garden planting and trees installed.
- Rubbish bins installed.
- Preparation work for base metal under asphalt layer complete.
Photos: (Left) Bins on corner of Durham and Spring. (Right) Spring and Durham intersection.
Work happening next week includes:
- Outside Carpark building
- Completion of cobblestone work on Lane 3. This lane will be open next weekend as planned completing all the access into and out of Carpark building.
- Outside Trustpower
- Backfilling the garden beds outside Trustpower entrance.
- Complete install of cobblestones at Beaurepaires entrance.
- Lay cement treated base metal past Beaurepaires entrance.
- From Beaurepaires to Elizabeth Street.
- Complete cobblestones outside Beaurepaires.
- Lay cement treated base metal though to Elizabeth Street.
- Continue cobblestone work on make- up strip between footpath and buildings.
Please be advised that this newsletter update will conclude at the end of the Durham Street and Durham Lane upgrade in October 2019.
Please contact Keith Campbell, Fulton Hogan Stakeholder Manager, if you have any concerns or questions.