Durham Street is looking forward to hosting the sold out STEM Festival event this weekend!
As part of this event there will be a road closure from the Trustpower building through to Beaurepaires.
There will be two-way access into the parking building for the weekend, and access to Beaurepaires and Smiths Motorcycles will be accessible via Elizabeth Street entrance only, this will be one lane, so access in and out from Elizabeth Street will be controlled by traffic management staff at the roundabout.
Highlights from the past week:
- All of the large construction equipment has been removed from the site.
- Cobblestone work completed outside Beaurepaires and the BaseStation.
- Finishing up cobbles outside Durham Lane entrance/ Fulton Hogan site office.
- Elizabeth Street pedestrian crossing completed.
- Asphalt surfacing on the road is complete.
- Majority of line marking has been placed on the road, including car parks, bus bays and crossings.
- Light poles have been installed, awaiting the covers to go over the bases to hide the fixtures and fittings.
- Most of the street lights are connected and operating.
- Trustpower garden beds have been backfilled and partially planted.
- Decals have been placed on Durham Lane light poles – to make them more visible to pedestrians and vehicles (see picture below).
Photo: Light pole decals.
Work happening this week includes:
- Continue cobblestone work on make-up strip between footpath and buildings Palazzo Kitchens – Nood.
- Bike stands to be installed.
- two-way traffic from Spring Street – Elizabeth Street.
- Work on the garden planting is delayed as we wait for the seats to be manufactured and installed.
Photo: New road markings.
Please contact Becky Cox, Fulton Hogan Stakeholder Manager, if you have any concerns or questions 027 403 2598 or firstname.lastname@example.org.