One Love Festival update
As New Zealand has now moved to the red traffic light setting, this year’s One Love Festival will not go ahead as planned on January 29-30.
One of Tauranga’s biggest music festivals will be held over Auckland Anniversary Weekend at Tauranga Domain.
The One Love Festival will provide music that will be audible beyond the venue and for this reason the hours of operation are restricted to 10.30pm on Saturday, 29 January and 10pm on Sunday, 30 January.
A Noise Management Plan has been submitted and approved as part of the resource consent process. As part of this a robust monitoring process has been put in place to monitor noise levels throughout the event.
One Love Festival’s consent permits amplified noise during the following times:
- Saturday, 29 January 2022 - 12noon–10.30pm
- Sunday, 30 January 2022 - 12noon–10pm
Sound checks between 4pm-6pm on Friday, 28 January 2022 and between 10am-11am on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 January 2022.
There will be some road closures in place in Tauranga CBD to support event operations and safe pedestrian access to and from the event. The following roads will be closed from 11.59pm Friday, 28 January to 6am Monday, 31 January 2022:
- Cameron Road from Brown Street to Wharf Street
- Durham Street from Wharf Street to Harington Street
- Hamilton Street from Willow Street to the end of Hamilton Street West
- Harington Street from Willow Street to Cameron Road
- Park Street from Cameron Road to Willow Street
- Park Street from Willow Street to Cliff Road
- Cliff Road from Brown Street to Monmouth Street
- Monmouth Street from Cameron Road to Willow Street
- Monmouth Street from Willow Street to Cliff Road
- McLean Street from Cameron Road to Willow Street
- Brown Street from Willow Street to Cliff Road
- Mission Street from Chapel Street to Cliff Road
Resident access will be maintained throughout the event. Please expect increased foot traffic in the city centre on the weekend.
Please see below for recommended routes into the city.
Auckland Anniversary weekend road closures (138kb pdf)