Anzac Day road closures
The following road closures will be in place on Sunday, 25 April, to support the Anzac Day services.
- Tauranga from 7am to 12pm
- Fraser Street – between Eleventh and Thirteenth Avenues
- Eleventh Avenue – between Devonport Road and Fraser Street
- Mount Maunganui from 5.30am to 12pm
- Marine Parade – between Commons and Banks Avenues
- Pacific Avenue - between Rita Street and Marine Parade
- Elizabeth Street: works to upgrade water and wastewater pipes continue at the Bay of Plenty Regional Council end of Elizabeth Street and will progressively move towards Cameron Road. Businesses and footpaths will be accessible during works. Traffic lanes will generally remain open during the day, however there may be some stop/go in place for short periods of time. Some road closures will occur at nights, between 8.30pm and 6am. Bus routes servicing Grey Street will be rerouted down Durham Street. A bus stop will be serviced outside 146 Durham Street to temporarily replace the bus stop outside 96 Grey Street. Signage for bus users will be in place and latest service updates can be found at www.baybus.co.nz. Works are due to be completed in mid-2021.
- 2 Devonport Road – please take care when walking past the demolition site in this area. There will be footpath detours and some car park closures over the next few months.
- 103 4th Avenue – there will be occasional lane closures in place for ongoing construction.
- 359 Cameron Road – there will be occasional lane closures in place for ongoing construction.
Beyond the city centre
- Maranui Street/Oceanbeach Road: truck movements in and out of a construction site, please travel with caution around this area.
- Adams Avenue/Marine Parade: occasional road closures over the next few months where a crane is working on the Oceanside Towers refurbishment. Car parking spaces outside the cafes will be limited during weekdays.
- Maleme Street/Cameron Road: safety improvement work is underway at the Maleme Street and Cameron Road intersection including work to extend the footpaths along Maleme Street. Traffic management will be in place and works are restricted to 9am-3pm Monday to Friday.
- Pillans Road Retaining Wall Extension: works to extend an existing retaining wall in front of #56 Pillans Road is underway. Works are expected to be completed end of April 2021. Temporary traffic management is in place with lane closures and a reduced speed limit of 30kph. Please drive carefully through the site.
- Parton Road: work to improve roading and pedestrian safety continues along Parton Road. There will be traffic management in place through the worksite. Work is due for completion in mid-April 2021.
- Oropi Road/Pukemapu Road safety improvements: road safety improvements continue at the Oropi Road/Pukemapu Road intersection. Construction is due for completion in May 2021. Nightworks continue this week due to pavement reconstruction works. Please drive carefully through the site and keep to the temporary speed limit.
- Ohauiti Road: the installation of a new water main on Ohauiti Road opposite Atkins Way continues. Both lanes will remain open with a shoulder closure and a speed restriction of 30km/hr. Work is expected to be complete by mid-April 2021.