Anzac Day road closures
The following road closures will be in place on Sunday, 25 April, to support the Anzac Day services.
Tauranga from 7am to 12pm
- Fraser Street – between Eleventh and Thirteenth Avenues
- Eleventh Avenue – between Devonport Road and Fraser Street
Mount Maunganui from 5.30am to 12pm
- Marine Parade – between Commons and Banks Avenues
- Pacific Avenue - between Rita Street and Marine Parade
Maintenance work is happening on Te Puke Highway between Bell Road and Welcome Bay Road this week, finishing Friday 23 April.
Speed restrictions apply, and a diversion is in place for traffic heading to Tauranga from Te Puke, via Tara, Parton and Bell Road.
For more information, visit our Te Puke Highway Media release.
- Elizabeth Street: works to upgrade water and wastewater pipes continue at the Bay of Plenty Regional Council end of Elizabeth Street and are progressively moving towards Cameron Road. Businesses and footpaths are accessible during works. Traffic lanes generally remain open during the day, however there may be some stop/go in place for short periods of time. Some road closures occur at nights, between 8.30pm and 6am. Bus routes servicing Grey Street have been rerouted down Durham Street. A bus stop is serviced outside 146 Durham Street to temporarily replace the bus stop outside 96 Grey Street. Signage for bus users is in place and latest service updates can be found at www.baybus.co.nz. Works are due to be completed in mid-2021.
- 2 Devonport Road – please take care when walking past the demolition site in this area. There will be footpath detours and some car park closures over the next few months.
- 103 4th Avenue – there will be occasional lane closures in place for ongoing construction.
- 359 Cameron Road – there will be occasional lane closures in place for ongoing construction.
Beyond the city centre
- Te Okuroa Drive, Papamoa: work on an extension of new road from the Stevenson Road roundabout will begin this week. The work is programmed to be completed by the end of October 2021.
- Anne Road, Bellevue: instillation of a new kea crossing by Bellevue Primary School will begin this week. Stop/go will be in place and access will be maintained for residents. Work is due for completion 7 May 2021.
- Maranui Street/Oceanbeach Road: truck movements in and out of a construction site, please travel with caution around this area.
- Adams Avenue/Marine Parade: occasional road closures over the next few months where a crane is working on the Oceanside Towers refurbishment. Car parking spaces outside the cafes will be limited during weekdays.
- Maleme Street/Cameron Road: safety improvement work is underway at the Maleme Street and Cameron Road intersection including work to extend the footpaths along Maleme Street. Traffic management will be in place and works are restricted to 9am-3pm Monday to Friday with some night works scheduled.
- Oropi Road/Pukemapu Road safety improvements: road safety improvements continue at the Oropi Road/Pukemapu Road intersection. Construction is due for completion in June 2021. Nightworks continue this week due to pavement reconstruction works. Please drive carefully through the site and keep to the temporary speed limit.
- Ohauiti Road: the installation of a new water main on Ohauiti Road opposite Atkins Way continues. Both lanes will remain open with a shoulder closure and a speed restriction of 30km/hr. Work is expected to be complete by mid-May 2021.