The Cameron Road Joint Venture (CRJV) continues to replace the sewer pipes running from Harington Street to Elizabeth Street as part of stage one of the city centre wastewater upgrades. The area of Cameron Road between Wharf Street and Harington Street is closed to south-bound traffic and Wharf Street is left out only.
Works will be underway at the intersection of Cameron Road and Elizabeth Street to carry out the wastewater upgrades from Friday 8 October at 6pm until Monday 11 October at 6am (weather dependent). Temporary traffic management, including detours, will be in place during this time:
Full closure of intersection:
- Friday 8 October at 6pm until Saturday 9 October at 10am
- Sunday 10 October at 6pm until Monday 11 October at 6am
Partial opening of Intersection - for the north and south bound traffic lanes along Cameron Road, there will be no through traffic on Elizabeth Street crossing over Cameron Road:
- Saturday 9 October at 10am until Sunday 10 October at 6pm
Work continues on the eastern side of Cameron Road between Sixth and Ninth Avenues, and Twelfth and Thirteenth Avenues. Vehicle traffic will be reduced to one lane on the eastern side in the areas where work is taking place. Temporary traffic management will be in place, however access for all residents, businesses and retail will be maintained. It is expected this work will take up to three months to complete.
Visit our road closures page for more information.
Elizabeth Street upgrade
The Elizabeth Street upgrade continues to work on a number of fronts around the Farmers development. Works on First Avenue and Devonport Road are due to be complete in November. Works to create the linear park outside Farmers, and to upgrade Mareanui laneway between the Farmers development and the Elizabeth Street Carpark building will be completed in stages as areas are made available.
- Elizabeth Street west bound lane closure: There is an extended lane closure on the west bound traffic lane (heading towards Takitimu Drive between Devonport Road and Grey Street roundabout) until approximately May 2022. The traffic lane closure is to enable streetscape works and Farmers construction to occur simultaneously. Businesses and footpaths and accessways are accessible during works. On-street carparking will be unavailable.
Other temporary road and lane closures are anticipated on Elizabeth Street and around the Grey Street roundabout including the following:
- A temporary road closure of up to 2 hours on Elizabeth Street between Macpac and the Elizabeth Street carpark building may occur on Friday 8 October at midday
- A two-week road closure on Elizabeth Street is anticipated in the coming weeks to carry out work on a stormwater pipe in the road reserve.
Grey Street roundabout
- Works to build new kerb buildouts and pedestrian crossings will be undertaken in stages around the roundabout. This is likely to result in short term lane and road closures lasting for a few days. Businesses will be notified of the dates when they are available.
- 2 Devonport Road: please take care when walking past the demolition site in this area. There will be footpath detours and some car park closures over the next few months.
Beyond the city centre
- Matapihi Road: Kiwirail will be carrying out signal relocation work at the Matapihi Road rail crossing on 11 and 12 October. Matapihi Road will be reduced to one lane between 7.00am and 3.30pm on those days. Please travel carefully through the site.
- Te Okuroa Drive, Papamoa: work on an extension of new road from the Stevenson Road roundabout will begin this week. The work is programmed to be completed by the end of October 2021.
For more information check out our Weekly bulletin.