Hei oranga whenua, hei oranga moana, hei oranga tangata.
Healthy land, healthy waters, healthy people.
Tauranga City Council (TCC) seeks to appoint an independent panel to assess applications to the Environmental Mitigation & Enhancement Fund (EMEF) and make recommendations to the Wastewater Management Review Committee (WWMRC) regarding eligible projects.
The EMEF is a requirement of TCC’s wastewater discharge consent and is administered by the WWMRC. The EMEF’s purpose is to fund and facilitate measures and
initiatives particularly in Te Tāhuna o Rangataua (Upper Tauranga Harbour) to:
- Avoid, remedy or mitigate the actual and potential effects of the wastewater scheme, in its broadest sense.
- Acknowledge and provide environmental compensation for ongoing adverse environmental effects – including effects to tangata whenua values – adversely affected by TCC’s wastewater scheme.
- Enhance the environment, which has been adversely affected by TCC’s wastewater scheme.
This creates an exciting opportunity for the appointment of up to five panel members for which we are seeking expressions of interest. The EMEF Panel will consider the suitability of applications to the EMEF and provide recommendations to the WWMRC.
Successful candidates will be able to show expertise in the following areas:
- Te Ao Māori: a strong understanding of kaupapa Māori concepts of kaitiakitanga and a particular understanding of mana whenua values and relationships to Tauranga Moana.
- Effects and impacts of wastewater schemes.
- Project management and governance skills.
- Marine and freshwater scientific knowledge.
- Effects of wastewater schemes on mana whenua values.
- A strong understanding of best practice approaches to environmental remediation and enhancement
The panel will report directly to the WWMRC and is appointed on an annual basis.
Additional information and how to apply
Further information on the role, including application details (cover letter and curriculum vitae), position competencies and remuneration can be found by email to email@example.com
Applications close on 16 December 2022at 5pm.