To increase its reactive response capacity, Council established a ‘Reactive Reserve Fund’ to support the community in post flood response.
This reactive response and associated use of the fund is delivered by Council through a Stormwater Reactive Reserve Fund Policy, which has been established to support the community in a variety of risk reduction methods and responses following intense rainfall events that result in flooding.
This reserve fund is complimentary to the implementation of the level of service but is not a fund to implement it. The fund is intended to address the following:
- Emergency response and recovery;
- Clean-up costs;
- Initiatives on private and public land to enable stormwater to be conveyed away from at risk areas;
- Reducing the risk of flooding;
- Potential property purchase; and,
- Infrastructure delivery or mitigation implementation where co-funding arrangements are proposed.
Guidance notes for Stormwater Reactive Reserve Fund application (107kb pdf)
Stormwater Reactive Reserve Fund Policy (186kb pdf)
Last Reviewed: 04/09/2018