Tauranga City Council works with participating businesses to minimise their waste to landfill.
The Resource Wise Business programme is a free programme that supports local businesses to reduce the amount of waste they send to landfill. If you are based in Tauranga and committed to do your bit for the environment, please get in touch. We provide you with free annual waste audits, useful resources and one-on-one support from our expert consultant. Reducing your waste is a simple way to help the environment and save on costs.
Resource Wise Business brochure (630kb pdf)
The programme consists of 4 stages for businesses to work through: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum.
To join the programme, businesses must first attend an Introductory Workshop, which you can register for below. The workshop goes through how the programme works, what support is provided etc. E.g. annual waste audits, tailored action plan, one-on-one support and guidance.
After they attend the workshop, they are asked to take the information back and decide with their colleagues whether they want to make the commitment and join the programme.
Learn how your business can become more sustainable just by making small changes
See how local businesses have become more sustainable through the Resource Wise Business programme
Cosy Corner Holiday Park
Other local success stories include:
Tips and ideas to help your business reduce waste
- Compost staff food scraps and coffee grounds using a worm farm, compost or food scraps service from your local waste service provider
- Consider purchasing products with minimal or no packaging
- Provide reusable bottles or takeaway containers to reduce single use plastic
- Set double-sided printing as the default on your office printer
- Purchase items made from recycled paper and look to see if your products can be packaged from recycled materials
- Encourage customers to sign up for e-newsletters and don’t advertise through letterbox flyers
- Offer people the option of having their bills or receipts emailed as opposed to printed
Last Reviewed: 05/03/2020