Parking permits are available for contractors who are doing work on building sites in the city centre.
The permits enable contractors to park in paid parking areas next to the building site they are working on when no other practical alternative parking is available. The permits do not reserve contractors a parking space.
Please contact us by phone or pop into our customer service centre to apply for a parking permit.
You will need to supply the following information:
- your vehicle registration
- location of the work site
- name of the vehicle owner
- order number or payment in full
In general, parking permits are not available for promotional, advertising or commercial purposes unless prior approval has been granted by Council. This approval requires a formal written application to be submitted at least six weeks before the event.
Construction zone permits
If you need a parking permit for longer than 10 days you will need to contact Council to apply for a construction zone permit, this takes 72 hours to process. Fees are paid in advance, unless prior written approval has been obtained.
About construction zone permits:
- permits are not transferrable to any other vehicle
- parking permits are not to be used in mobility parks
- a parking permit must be displayed inside the vehicle's windscreen
- an infringement notice may be issued if a permit is altered, photocopied or has expired.
Last Reviewed: 13/11/2017