With our SmartGrowth partners, we identified the Tauriko West area as an ideal location to set up a new community and provide more residential housing to cater for our city’s growth.
Why is it ideal?
- Located on the periphery of the existing city;
- Relatively easy to service with infrastructure;
- Able to integrate access with programme options being considered by the Transport Agency for State Highway 29;
- Owned by a limited number of landowners (not fragmented into many titles);
- A high amenity location that faces north-west and slopes gently towards the Wairoa River; and
- Provides a strong opportunity to develop high quality urban place-making and community.
We estimate that Tauriko West could accommodate 3,000 new dwellings.
Last Reviewed: 16/10/2017