× Search

Additional security measures

We are aware that some customers are having issues making payments online. This is due to Visa and Mastercard now enforcing two-factor authentication on all payments in order to increase security.

If you are having issues making an online payment, please contact your bank.

Do it online


Raihana waipiro tuari, hoko hoki

On, off and club licence

If you want to sell or supply alcohol, you must hold a current alcohol licence. All licensed premises must display their alcohol licence next to the main entrance of the building. 

Public Health questionnaire

The medical officer of health must inquire into your alcohol application. To assist these enquiries please ensure that the Toi Te Ora Public Health Service questionnaire is completed. Go to https://toiteora.govt.nz/information-for/retailers/alcohol/ and follow the instructions.


You need an on-licence if you plan to sell or supply alcohol in a bar, restaurant, hotel, tavern, night club, conveyance (bus or boat), BYO restaurant or if you are a caterer.

On-licence application forms Online PDF
On-licence application online -
Renew your on-licence online -


You need an off-licence if you plan to sell alcohol but not serve it. For example an alcohol or wine shop, supermarket or grocery store or through internet distribution or an auctioneer. 

Off-licence application forms Online PDF
Off-licence application online -
Renew your off-licence online -
Statement of gross annual sales revenue – for new grocery store only - (58kb pdf)
Statement of gross annual sales revenue – for renewal grocery store only - (39kb pdf)

Club licence

You need a club licence if you plan to sell or supply alcohol through an incorporated club, like a sports club or social club.

Club licence application forms  Online PDF
Club licence application online -
Renew your club licence online -

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand |Terms of use|Privacy statement|Site map

Back To Top