× Search

Tauranga has a sprinkler and irrigation system ban in place 


Temporary authority

If you purchase a licensed business, you need a temporary authority to sell alcohol until you get your alcohol licence.

A temporary authority can only be applied for if the previous owner's licence is current. It is not available for club licences or unlicensed premises. 

Apply for a temporary authority

Complete the application and bring it to our customer service centre with the processing fee and any other required information.

You must apply for the temporary authority at least 20 working days before the takeover date. It will usually be issued for up to three months or until your alcohol licence is issued (whichever comes first).

Application form

Temporary authority for a conveyance

There is a different temporary authority application form for a conveyance (i.e. a boat or a bus). Please contact us if you need one of these.

Last Reviewed: 15/01/2018

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand  |  Terms of use  |  Site map

Back To Top