× Search

Tākaro kēmu


If you want to relocate an existing gambling or gaming venue within the City, you will need a Class 4 or TAB Venue Relocation Consent.

The relocation consent applies to all Class 4 gaming venues and all standalone TAB venues.

Applications must be made by a society or trust and cannot be made by an individual. The consent is specific to the venue.

Apply for a gaming licence

Once you have received a relocation consent from Council you must also apply for a gaming licence from the Department of Internal Affairs for Class 4 venues, and from the New Zealand Racing Board for standalone TAB venues.

Application form for Relocation Class 4 or TAB Venue Consent Class 4 or TAB Venue Consent (265kb pdf)

If you require high resolution maps for the gaming venues in Tauranga, please contact info@tauranga.govt.nz

Council policy

Tauranga City has a Gambling Venues Policy. It came into effect on 14 March 2019. It does not allow any new gaming machine venues or TAB venues to open in the City, nor any new gaming machines to be operated. It does allow existing gaming machine or TAB venues to relocate to a different venue, under certain circumstances.

The purpose of the policy is:

  • To control the growth of class 4 and TAB venue gambling in Tauranga.
  • To minimise the harm to the Tauranga community caused by class 4 and TAB venue gambling.
  • To allow people who wish to participate in gambling to continue to do so.
  • To define the parameters for when consent for a Class 4 or TAB venue will be granted.

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand |Terms of use|Privacy statement|Site map

Back To Top