× Search

Additional security measures

We are aware that some customers are having issues making payments online. This is due to Visa and Mastercard now enforcing two-factor authentication on all payments in order to increase security.

If you are having issues making an online payment, please contact your bank.

Do it online


Whakapoapoa, ā tiriti, rāwhara me te whakangahau

Busking, raffles, street appeals and promotions

If you would like to busk in a public place, sell raffle tickets, or run street appeals and promotions, there are licences you need to obtain.

The application to conduct an activity in a public place allows you to apply for permission to do these activities. You will also need to pay the relevant fee for your activity.

Application form


If you are organising or running a raffle you may need permission from the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA).

If you intend to sell raffle tickets in a public area, you will also need to bring your completed Tauranga City Council application form and relevant fee to the customer service centre - He Puna Manawa - at 21 Devonport Road, Tauranga. 

Please note that liquor cannot be raffled.


If you would like to busk in a public space you need a busking licence from the Council. You will need to keep your licence with you while you are busking and produce it if asked.

There are no age restrictions to get a busking licence. The licence will take five working days to process. 

General rules for busking

  • You should ensure free and safe access for pedestrians along any footpaths or thoroughfares near the performance area. 
  • You should ensure you and your audience do not block shop doorways during business hours, fire escapes, bus stops and road ways. 
  • You should keep noise to a reasonable level at all times. 
  • You will need to move on from your location if you are asked to move on by any authorised person. 

Buskers cannot sell food or merchandise – a busking licence does not allow you to do that.

If you would like to busk in private areas (ie Bayfair) you will need permission from the building/land owner as Council has no control over these areas.

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand |Terms of use|Privacy statement|Site map

Back To Top