We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information (including email address)
- residential address or suburb
- usage of our website (using Google Analytics)
- demographic information (age, ethnicity, gender)
- responses to our requests for feedback (including your views and any personal information you may share in those responses)
- what you would like to be contacted about
We collect your personal information in order to keep you informed and hear your views about council projects, plans, policies, bylaws, services, facilities and activities. We use your feedback to help inform our decisions. You authorise us to email you for this purpose using the email address you have provided.
We collect residential address/suburb information and demographic information because we want to ensure we have engaged with a wide cross section of people from across Tauranga.
We use Google Analytics to gather data about your and other individual’s usage of this website so that we can analyse our site usage and improve the website and user experience.
In addition to our staff, we may share this information with:
- third party research analysts in order to aggregate and analyse data;
- third-party contractors who provide services to us in connection with the purpose we collected the information for.
The information you provide in your responses to our requests for feedback will be anonymised in any reports that are made public unless we expressly and clearly state otherwise at the time we contact you for feedback, or on the survey or submission form we ask you to fill in.
Providing some information is optional and responding to our requests for feedback is optional.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com or on 07 577 7000. To protect your privacy, and that of others, we may ask you to verify your identity as part of actioning an access or correction request. For further information about our obligations and your rights under the Privacy Act 2020 please refer to Tauranga City Council’s privacy statement.