You can watch Council and committee meetings live on this page when in session, or you can view them on demand on the Tauranga City Council YouTube channel.
Check the Council meetings, agendas and minutes page for upcoming schedules and meeting agendas.
The following public meetings will be live streamed: Council; Finance, Audit and Risk Committee; Policy Committee; Projects, Services and Operations Committee; Urban Form and Transport Development Committee.
Video not working? If you’re using Internet Explorer, try switching to Google Chrome. Other tips further down this page.
Please note: during the live meeting, the screen will appear blank or with a Council logo during breaks or public excluded items. Live stream will appear again when the meeting continues.
Reading the agenda while viewing the livestream
Meeting agendas and reports are available on our Council meetings, agendas and minutes page. If you right-click on this link your browser should give you the option of opening the link as a new window. If so, you can then:
- open an agenda in a different window
- resize your browser windows so that you can place the window with the livestream side by side to the window displaying the meeting agenda.
You then have the livestream and the agenda on your screen together.
Try some of the following solutions:
- Refresh the page (press Ctrl+F5)
- If you aren't already, try using the Google Chrome web browser
- Try watching it directly from our YouTube channel.
- If you see a message about safety mode or restricted mode, go to YouTube and turn the safety/restricted mode setting off in your account. See how here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084?hl=en You may need to turn restricted mode off twice for it to stick.
If all fails, the recording of the meeting will be available on YouTube shortly after the meeting.