What should I consider when making a submission?
The following tips are useful when making submissions. Ensure that you use the appropriate form provided (form 5 or 6 of the RMA) and:
- make clear and easy to read points
- include your contact details
- identify whether you wish to speak at the hearing or not
- identify if you support or oppose the plan change
- detail the specific part of the City Plan your submission is about.
Your submission should not include any issues not relevant to the plan change as these will not be able to be considered by Council when making its decision. Please note, your submission, including your personal information, will be publicly available as part of the decision-making process.
When we formally consult on a plan change, submissions must be lodged in writing and either:
Manager: City and Infrastructure Planning
Tauranga City Council
Freepost Authority Number 370
Private Bag 12022