Tauranga City Council has an automated payment process – making it easier to get paid on time.
Council payments process
Before you start your invoice
- Make sure you receive a purchase order number from your Council contact when the purchase is confirmed.
- If it is a tax invoice, make sure it complies with the Inland Revenue requirements for a tax invoice.
- If changes have occurred to your details (eg, GST, address, bank account) or invoice format (eg, from MYOB to Xero), please inform us at email@example.com so we can update our records. If your details do not match our records, your payment could be delayed.
- If your invoice is for a funding payment, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or direct to your Council contact. Funding payment invoices should be addressed to Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga 3143.
Preparing your invoice
- Include the correct six-digit purchase order number (eg: 123456) on the invoice.
- Only use one purchase order number per invoice.
- On the invoice, address it to Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga 3143.
Sending your invoice
- By email: Attach your invoice as a PDF to a plain text email (use standard fonts, and do not send other attachments, images, logos, or hyperlinks), and email it to email@example.com
- By post: Send your invoice to: Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga 3143
After we receive your invoice, we’ll match it with our records and process it for payment as per the agreed payment terms.
Note: If the purchase order number or any other required information is missing, the invoice will be returned to you for amendment and payment will be delayed.
Terms and conditions of purchase (174kb pdf)
Last Reviewed: 08/01/2020