Mapi is Tauranga City Council's free GIS web map viewer.
You can use Mapi to search for property information select layers to show additional information, view current and historical aerial images, add your own map layers and print and share your maps.
New Mapi site
Go to Mapi
A newer, upgraded version of our mapping site is now available. This upgraded version provides all the same key features as the previous version, plus a couple of new key features, including:
- Export to CAD format for our most used layers
- Reliable Searching (new Advanced Search tab). Depreciated the old search in the top right corner.
- Near Me Tool (finds points of interest nearby)
- 2017 Profile tool (which shows the elevation from a side angle)
- 2017 Digital Elevation Model (to get ground heights) and updated contours.
Go to Mapi mobile
We have also launched a lighter version, called MapiMobile which is directed towards providing a responsive map on a mobile device. Key layers, searches and tools are included. In essence, it is a simplified version. It can also be used on desktop if desired.
If you experience any difficulty with the new site, or have any concerns, please email email@example.com or call us on 07 577 7000. We hope you enjoy the new site.
Mapi user guide (2.4mb pdf)
Last Reviewed: 28/03/2019