Five community celebrations, 6pm – 9.30pm
- Gordon Spratt Reserve – Pāpāmoa
- The Waterfront – Tauranga City Centre
- Fergusson Park – Matua (accessible/low-sensory event 5.30pm – 6pm)
- Tauranga Racecourse – Greerton (laser night show instead of fireworks, as horses are on site)
- Blake Park – Mount Maunganui
What to bring?
- A picnic blanket and/or something to sit on
- Bring your own kai too, in case the food trucks don’t have your fancy (the city centre celebration will have limited food trucks)
- A full water bottle
- With the sun still being strong in the afternoon, remember to slip, slop, slap and wrap
- For those with sensory sensitivities, bring headphones to limit sound at the main events
- Bring cash or card to purchase drinks and snacks
Matua accessible/low sensory event
For those who experience sensory sensitivities and/or have accessibility requirements, the Matua celebration will also have an earlier celebration from 5.30pm – 6pm with limited sound and crowds.
These are alcohol and smoke free events, temporary and permanent liquor bans are in place in and around each site. Police have the power to search for alcohol and issue a fine.
Please note, there may be a videographer and/or photographer capturing content at this event. Any photos or video taken may be used for future Tauranga City Council New Year’s promotion.