A Land Information Memorandum or LIM will tell you what the Council knows about the property and any issues that may affect it.
If you are looking to buy a house in Tauranga, we recommend that you get a LIM before finalising the purchase.
You can also use a LIM if you’re selling, to disclose important information about your property. If you’re a professional assisting a property buyer or seller, you need to be aware of the information in the LIM when giving advice.
Apply for a LIM
What's in a LIM?
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a summary of the information that we hold on a property. When you apply for a LIM, we prepare a report that may include the following information:
- any special features of the land known to the Council including potential erosion, falling debris, sinking, slipping, silting or building up of land, flooding or likely hazardous pollutants
- private and public stormwater, water and sewerage drains
- Government valuation of the property and rates levied for the current year, including water rates where applicable and any rates that may be owing
- zoning of the property
- any information that has been submitted to Council by a statutory organisation or network utility operator (e.g. suppliers of gas, power) relating to the site
- any certificates issued by a building certifier
- drinking water supply information
- any other information concerning the land that the Council considers relevant.
LIM timeframes and costs
- the standard residential LIM service is 10 working days
- the urgent residential LIM service is three working days
- a commercial or industrial LIM service is 10 working days
Day one of LIM processing is the working day after we receive your application and payment. Please ensure you supply all the necessary information with your application. If you don’t the delivery timeframe could be extended. We will contact you if this is the case.
LIMs are provided electronically via secure FTP (file transfer protocol). You will receive an email with a link to download your LIM and save it on your computer. The link will be valid for 14 days.
If you do not have an email address and want to receive a hardcopy LIM instead, please let us know.
LIM fees and charges
Last Reviewed: 16/01/2019