× Search

Additional security measures

We are aware that some customers are having issues making payments online. This is due to Visa and Mastercard now enforcing two-factor authentication on all payments in order to increase security.

If you are having issues making an online payment, please contact your bank.

Do it online


Taunaki kē

Third party reports

Third party building reports can be received by Council and added to a property file in certain circumstances. 

Tauranga City Council receives independent third party building reports for:

  • unauthorised building work that was undertaken before 1 July 1992
  • building work completed pursuant to a building permit issued prior to 1 July 1992
  • building work exempt under schedule 1 of the Building Act 2004 (at time work was undertaken).

The reports will be placed on property files as a public record only.

Each report will be read by Council staff, but it should be noted:

  • The council does not accept any liability for the content of the third party report.
  • The council does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of the third party report.
  • Under the Building Act, the third party report is not a CCC (Code Compliance Certificate).
  • The Council is not obliged to issue a CCC as a result of receiving the third party report.
  • The third party report will not authorise any building works undertaken without a building consent.
  • The third party report will not limit the council’s ability to enforce the provisions of the Building Act in the future.

Submitting a third party report

Complete the cover sheet/lodgment form and hand in to staff at the council’s customer service centre at 21 Devonport Road, Tauranga. Fees for this report may apply. Please visit our building services fees page for more information.

Environmental monitoring and compliance staff will issue a letter to confirm that the report has been received, reviewed and placed on the property file as a public record. 

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand |Terms of use|Privacy statement|Site map

Back To Top