× Search

Sprinkler and irrigation system ban now in place for Tauranga


Transferring dog registration

If you move to a new area you must let both Councils (current and new) know within 14 days of moving, so that your dog’s registration can be transferred.

Transferring your dog’s registration is required by law, and you can be prosecuted if you don’t do this. If you are moving to the Tauranga City Council area please contact us, as well as the Council area in which you have moved from.

Once notified of the change of address we’ll updates our records. If the dog is currently registered, your new Council will issue a new disk or label at no charge. The registration will expire on 30 June.

If you own a dog that is classified as dangerous under the Dog Control Act 1996, it can’t be transferred to another person without consent of the Council where the dog will live.

If you have moved house but are still living in Tauranga, or if you are transferring ownership of your dog to someone else who also lives in Tauranga, you can update your personal information or that of your dog by:

  • completing and returning the back page of your registration form (sent to owners in June each year),
  • logging into your account online, or
  • calling our customer service centre on 07 577 7000.

If your dog is leaving New Zealand, please let us know so that we can update our records. 

Last Reviewed: 21/03/2018

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand  |  Terms of use  |  Site map

Back To Top