Our environmental monitoring and compliance team helps to ensure the protection and enhancement of our city’s natural and built environments.
We achieve this by:
- monitoring and ensuring compliance with land use resource consent conditions in accordance with Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA) requirements
- responding to complaints and investigating breaches of the Tauranga City Plan regulations
- responding to complaints and investigating breaches outside of live building consents under the Building Act 2004 and Building Code
- monitoring, inspecting and reviewing swimming pool fences for compliance
- educating site owners and the general public as to their obligations under the Operative Tauranga City Plan, Resource Management Act 1991, Building Act 2004, Building Regulations (Code), Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 and Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987.
Contact our environmental monitoring officers
Often non-compliance is a result of a lack of awareness of the requirements of the Plan. Our staff are available to help you achieve compliance, they can also suggest alternatives to fix the non-compliance issues.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the environmental monitoring and compliance team for further information.
Last Reviewed: 26/06/2019