× Search

Additional security measures

We are aware that some customers are having issues making payments online. This is due to Visa and Mastercard now enforcing two-factor authentication on all payments in order to increase security.

If you are having issues making an online payment, please contact your bank.

Do it online


Tonoa tētahi ratonga whakaahuru

Request an assisted service

Please complete this form if you are unable to take your rubbish, recycling and food scraps bins to the kerbside.

Please note: Your doctor or healthcare expert must sign this form to be eligible for this free service. We cannot offer the assisted service to garden waste customers.


Step 1

Please print and complete the application form.

Assisted service request form (99kb pdf)

Step 2

Once you have completed your application form, please take it to your doctor or healthcare expert to complete and sign where indicated.

Step 3

Return the completed and signed form via email, post or in person. Once received, we will contact you within 14 days to arrange a visit to your property to discuss your requirements and assess whether we can safely provide the assisted service.  

Email: info@tauranga.govt.nz
Post: Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga 3143
In person: He Puna Manawa - 21 Devonport Road, Tauranga

This service is for residential kerbside collections and not available for Garden Waste Collections or Commercial Properties.


Anyone who is unable to take their bins to the kerbside due to a physical disability or ailment is encouraged to contact council to see if they qualify for an assisted service, which will be free of charge.

The following criteria apply:

  • They must not be able to move the bins to and from the kerbside
  • There is no one else living at the property or employed on their behalf to help them move the bins
  • There is no household or community support available to them to help move the bins
  • They can provide medical certification that verifies a physical, neurological, sensory or intellectual impairment
  • The resident will complete the assisted service form, which will need to be verified by a doctor or healthcare professional.
  • Once signed, the resident then sends the form back to council (email, post or deliver to their local library or council customer service desk)
  • Council will review the form and organise a time to meet with the resident onsite to verify what they have said on the form is accurate. Council will then work with the resident on finding a location near the front of the property to service the bins from.
  • Council will communicate this with the contractor, Enviro NZ.
  • Enviro NZ will collect the bins from the agreed location, empty the bins, then put the bins back in the agreed location.
An assisted service form will need to be completed. The form will soon be available on our website for download or alternatively ask your local library, phone 07 577 7000 or email info@tauranga.govt.nz to have one sent to you.

No, the assisted service is not available for garden waste collections.

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand |Terms of use|Privacy statement|Site map

Back To Top