Before applying, please make sure your project meets the application criteria.
Guidelines for applicants (167kb pdf)
The Resource Wise Community Fund is open to applications from individuals, community groups, businesses, Iwi / Maori organisations and education providers who want to deliver waste minimisation projects within Tauranga.
The projects we fund must:
- be located within Tauranga city boundaries
- meet one or more of the priority outcomes
- support and achieve specific actions within the WMMP
- have waste minimisation at the core of the project, not general sustainability
- achieve demonstrated behaviour change, or waste minimisation using proven methods such as Community Based Social Marketing (CBSM) as the basis for programme development
- agree to use New Zealand standards for recycling symbols, colours, and wording on any project-related signage
- demonstrate how outcomes will be monitored, measured and evaluated for success (e.g. how you will measure the amount of waste the project has diverted from landfill; how many people changed their behaviour/engaged with your project; how your research/data will help to reduce waste in future etc.)
- commence no sooner than 1 July 2022.
What we don’t fund
- litter clean ups
- waste services, including pick up or disposal of materials (including recycling and composting)
- existing activities or ongoing financial support of current activities (unless otherwise agreed with council)
- waste systems at individual events
- projects that focus on waste disposal or treatment of waste for disposal (including energy from waste)
- operational costs of existing activities of organisations, individuals or firms
- projects already funded or part funded by council in the same financial year
- projects that undermine existing services, initiatives or other funded proposals
- replication of other projects or pilot programmes with no expansion in the scope or coverage of existing activities.