Our event facilitation team are on hand to make it as easy as possible for you to hold your event on our Council owned public open spaces.
They are the main point of contact for event organisers, and work across Council departments to facilitate event approvals and any specialist support required to ensure a safe and successful event.
Application process guide
Notice required for an event
To assist you with planning your event we have developed the timelines below that are required to achieve the best outcome for enabling your event in Tauranga.
Low impact event
- No road closures or disruption to public transport
- Low numbers of registered food vendors
- Low numbers of amusement devices (e.g. bouncy castle)
- Multiple items of simple infrastructure (e.g. ezi-ups, portable toilets, small stage)
Examples include community days, fundraising events or park-based fun runs/walks.
Minimum 4 weeks notice.
Medium impact event
- Minor road closures and potential disruption to public transport
- Multiple food vendors (approximately more than five) and/or liquor licensed areas
- Amusement devices (e.g. bouncy castle)
- Multiple items of infrastructure and/or an infrastructure build requiring building consent, e.g. marquees etc.
- Multiple contractors
Examples include triathlons, large-scale sporting events, music events with stages.
Minimum 3-6 months notice depending on event requirements.
High impact event
- Significant number of people expected to attend
- Road closures, disruption to public transport and high impact to traffic expected
- Multiple food vendors and/or liquor licensed areas
- Significant infrastructure builds
- Multiple event sites and/or days
- Resource consent required
Examples include major sporting events or music festivals.
Minimum 8 months notice.
Please discuss your event timelines with the events facilitation team. Tauranga City Council reserves the right to decline an application if insufficient notice or information is provided.
Last Reviewed: 06/11/2017