If you’re bringing a car into the city centre, your parking options will depend on how long you’re staying.
CBD parking map (118kb pdf)
All day parking
The best option for all day parking is to use the off-street car parks or parking buildings.
Parking fees effective from 1 July 2018.
- Cliff Road car park ($3.00 per day) - closed on weekends and public holidays.
- Dive Crescent car park ($4.00 per day)
- Waterfront car park ($7.00 per day)
- Elizabeth Street parking building (open 24/7, early bird $11 per day)
- Spring Street parking building (open 24/7, early bird $11 per day)
Short term parking
There are several off-street car parking areas with time restrictions:
- Council car park (Hamilton Street, 3 hour limit and 30 minute limit)
- Masonic car park (3 hour limit)
- Devonport Road car park (access via top of Elizabeth Street, 3 hour limit)
You can also park on the street for $2 per hour. In most places you can park as long as you want, but time restrictions may apply in some areas.
Time restrictions apply between the hours of 8am and 6pm on all days (Monday to Sunday), except for public holidays.
Parking fees apply
- 9am – 3pm on weekdays
- 9am – 1pm on Saturdays (on-street parking only, off-street and parking buildings are free)
- All parking is free on Sundays and public holidays
Full list of parking fees
If you have any queries about leased parking or would like to apply for a leased car park please email email@example.com.
Paying for parking
Paperless parking machines and PayMyPark app
Last Reviewed: 24/07/2018