If you’re bringing a car into the city centre, your parking options will depend on how long you’re staying.
City centre parking map (123kb pdf)
The P180 zone (3-hour) parking restriction only applies to the Street parking P180 zone (orange). You can park in this zone for a maximum of 3 hours only per day (Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm). This total time can consist of several time blocks throughout the day but you will not be able to pay for more than 3 hours per day.
Within the Street parking zone (yellow) you can park all day as long as the correct payment has been made.
All day parking
The best option for all day parking is to use the off-street car parks or parking buildings.
Parking fees effective from 1 July 2018.
- Cliff Road car park ($3.00 per day) - closed on weekends and public holidays.
- Dive Crescent car park ($4.00 per day)
- Waterfront car park ($7.00 per day)
- Elizabeth Street parking building (open 24/7, early bird $11 per day)
- Spring Street parking building (open 24/7, early bird $11 per day)
Short term parking
There are several off-street car parking areas with time restrictions:
- Council car park (Hamilton Street, 3 hour limit and 30 minute limit)
- Masonic car park (3 hour limit)
- Devonport Road car park (access via top of Elizabeth Street, 3 hour limit)
You can also park on the street for $2 per hour. In most places you can park as long as you want, but time restrictions may apply in some areas.
Time restrictions apply between the hours of 8am and 6pm on all days (Monday to Sunday), except for public holidays.
Parking fees apply
- 9am – 3pm on weekdays
- All parking is free on weekends and public holidays
Full list of parking fees
If you have any queries about leased parking or would like to apply for a leased car park please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Care Park on 0508 727 533. Phones are monitored 24/7.
Paying for parking
Paperless parking machines and PayMyPark app
Last Reviewed: 04/02/2019