Payment for parking is required in Tauranga city centre on weekdays between 8am – 5pm, all weekend parking is free. There are some time restricted areas which are clearly signposted and the hourly rates can be found at our parking machines or on the PayMyPark app.
Berm parking is prohibited between Eleventh Avenue and Marsh Street
Payment for on-street parking is required from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- Hourly rates can be found on at our parking machines and on the PayMyPark app.
- There are some P15, P30, P60 and P120 time restrictions in the city centre which are clearly signposted. Payment is still required in these time restricted areas 8am-5pm Monday to Friday. These areas are a daily limit so parking can only be purchased for these areas once a day per vehicle.
- Not all parking meters will accept cash – those that do are usually placed opposite cashless machines. This reduces maintenance costs and encourages cashless options like PayMyPark app and tap and go cards.
Off-street car parks (all day)
Payment is required 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, hourly rates can be found on at our parking machines and on the PayMyPark App.
- Cliff Road
- Dive Crescent
- TV3 rooftop carpark (corner Durham and Wharf)
New temporary car park on Devonport Road
A new off-street car park will open in early-2024 at 160-174 Devonport Road, creating more than 100 all day car parks and some covered bike parking options.
Parking buildings are open 24/7. Hourly rates apply and are signposted at entries.
- Elizabeth Street parking building (entrances on Elizabeth Street and First Avenue)
- Spring Street parking building (entry on Durham Street)
Both parking buildings are free on weekends (6am Saturday – 6am Monday) and free on public holidays. If you enter a parking building after 3pm on a weekday, hourly rates apply up to a maximum charge of $6.50 (until 6am the next day).
City centre parking map (789kb pdf)
Frequently asked questions
Outside of the city centre paid parking area. Parking is free in the city centre on weekends, on public holidays and after 5pm on weekdays.
Yes, both the parking machines and PayMyPark App allow you to top up your parking. Additional parking purchased is added onto existing time purchased. You can use the app anywhere and don’t have to be with your vehicle when you make a purchase. You can also use any machine to pay for parking or top up parking as long as it is in the same parking zone as you have parked (e.g. on street, off street, time restricted areas)
The P15, P30, P60 and P120 apply 8am-6pm Monday to Sunday, excluding Public Holidays.
Yes, all of these are offences and you are likely to receive a parking infringement.
We will have parking officers on patrol and use Licence Plate Recognition technology to identify and enforce parking offences.
- TV3 rooftop carpark (corner Durham Street and Wharf Street)
- Dive Crescent
- Cliff Road
- Elizabeth Street Parking Building, Spring Street Parking Building (entry on Durham Street)
From 1st February 2023, there have been be changes to parking in our city centre.
On-street parking in the city centre will be $2 per hour for the first two hours and $5 for each subsequent hour, from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
The best options for all day parking are the parking buildings or the all day off-street car parks (above) .
- Cliff Road car park ($6.50 per day) - closed and locked on weekends, public holidays and between 7pm - 7am weekdays.
- Dive Crescent car park ($8.00 per day) – open 24/7
- TV3 rooftop car park ($12.50 per day) – open 24/7
- Elizabeth Street parking building - open 24/7
- Spring Street parking building - open 24/7
If you have any queries about leased parking or would like to apply for a leased car park please email email@example.com or phone Care Park on (04) 805 0445 or 0800 227 372. Phones are monitored 24/7.
Paying for parking
Paperless parking machines and PayMyPark app
Full list of parking fees