In this Privacy Statement:
- The terms “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Tauranga City Council (TCC).
- “Service” means TCC’s Online Grants Administration Service powered by SmartyGrants.
- “You” and “your” means the grant applicant.
- The words “including” and “includes” are deemed to be followed by the phrase “without limitation”.
We collect personal information from you on this Service that we require to administer and manage our grant programmes, including:
- your name and contact details,
- the names and contact details of your contact person, head of organisation, and authorised person;
- information we require to assess your grant application and eligibility for the grant programme which may include information about:
- your project that is the subject of your grant application (including budget and funding sources);
- your entity/organisation type and status and incorporation/registration details;
- your affiliation with other organisations, funding partners and other key partnerships;
- your financial viability (including statements of financial position and performance, and annual reports);
- funding or grants you have previously received from us;
- insurance you have for the activities that are the subject of your grant application; and
- any other information you provide to support your application;
- your bank account name and number;
- your communications and interactions with us;
- if your application is successful, your acceptance of and compliance with the funding agreement terms and conditions;
- your usage of this Service.
In addition to collecting information directly from you, we may also collect information from third parties about you that is relevant and necessary to assess your application such as from credit reporting agencies, your funding partners and nominated referees, and other organisations and persons where you have expressly authorised them to provide us with information or consented to our collecting information from them about you. We may also hold information about your track record with us relating to previous funding, grants and support that we have provided to you which we may take into account when assessing your grant application, including whether you owe any reports or money to us as a result of previous funding or grants.
We collect your personal information in order to administer and manage our grant programmes, including to:
- enable you to make grant applications;
- assess your application and eligibility for grants you apply for;
- communicate with you about your grant applications;
- contract with and pay grant funding to successful applicants;
- communicate with grant recipients including about grant payments, and monitoring and compliance with grant funding terms and conditions;
- communicate updates to you from time to time about our grant programmes (for example: an upcoming grant programme application round that you may be interested in applying for);
We may also collect technical information whenever you visit this Service. This may include information about the way users arrive at, browse through and interact with the Service. We may collect this type of technical information by using cookies and other means. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s/device’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognise your browser. If you want to disable cookies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser/device. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions on the Service. We use the technical information we collect to have a better understanding of the way people use the Service, to improve the way it works and to personalise it to be more relevant and useful to your needs.
TCC has contracted with cloud service provider SmartyGrants to provide and host the technology system for the Service to us and, as such, any information collected from you on the Service is shared with SmartyGrants. SmartyGrants processes the information on our behalf and is not permitted to use it for its own purposes.
In addition, besides our staff, we may share your information with:
- Our contractors and other third-parties who provide services to us relating to our administration and management of our grant programmes;
- Our contractors and other third-parties who provide information technology systems and associated services to us. This includes companies who may provide website/app analytics services, such as Google Analytics.
These contractors and third-parties are not permitted to use this information for their own purposes.
The grant application form has some fields/questions that are marked as compulsory. You will not be able to submit your application until all compulsory questions are completed and there are no validation errors. If a question is not marked as compulsory, providing that information is optional.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us as follows:
To protect your privacy, and that of others, we may ask you to verify your identity as part of actioning an access or correction request.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 23 September 2021.