Council's Administration Building
91 Willow Street
07 577 7193
07 577 7000
Service Centre: Location and Opening Hours
- 91 Willow Street, Tauranga
Opening Hours 8-5 weekdays (Note: apart from Wednesday hours 9-5)
Library Opening Hours
- Tauranga City Library, corner of Wharf and Willow Streets, Tauranga
- Greerton Library, 139 Greerton Road, Tauranga
- Mount Maunganui Library, 400 Maunganui Road
- Papamoa Library & Community Centre, 15 Gravatt Road, Papamoa
Council takes complaints seriously and encourages customers to come forward if they are not happy with the service received or the process they have or are going through. Complaints give valuable feedback and opportunities for Council to improve its standards.
As a general rule:
- complaints are dealt with in confidence.
This means the name and address of the person making the complaint is not revealed to the other party, unless required by law to do so or the complainant agrees to the release of the information.
- we will not deal with anonymous complaints
- complaints about regulatory issues are not treated as complaints, unless they are concerned about staff behaviour
- complaints about something someone in the community is doing should be in writing and addressed to the “Tauranga City Council” (we will see it gets to the right person)
- complaints about Elected Members should be directed to the Mayor (same postal address as Council)
Note that issues between neighbours are often civil matters and Council does not become involved unless it involves a bylaw or a non-compliance with a consent condition.
Contacting Elected Members
Elected Members contact details are available on Council’s website or the inside cover of the Council’s Annual Plan document, or by phoning Council on 07 577 7000 and asking for the details, or phone 985 6171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings with the Mayor
You can arrange to meet with the Mayor to raise any issues that you have. Please phone the Mayor’s Executive Assistant on 07 577 7011.
Last Reviewed: 05/03/2014