This annual report provides a review of the work we carried out from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.
It outlines our operational and financial performance (especially with regards to our budget) and our progress in relation to the third year of our 2018-28 Long-term Plan.
It also provides an overview of our highlights, our challenges, and our future prospects – including our plans to ensure the sustainability of our organisation, our city and the community we serve.
Annual Report summary (1mb pdf)
Annual Report 2020-21: sections
- Introduction / Kupu arataki (1.2mb pdf)
A welcome from the Commissioners, a snapshot of our city, and an explanation of what this report is all about.
- Year in review / Te tau kua hipa (887kb pdf)
Planning and reporting cycle, highlights, opportunities and challenges, performance snapshot, city events, awards and recognition, and working with tangata whenua.
- Civic leadership / Te whiri mātārae (557kb pdf)
The commission, Mayor and Councillors, how we govern, the committee structure.
- Our organisation / Te āhua o te kaunihera (451kb pdf)
Organisational leadership, executive team, structure, stakeholders, leadership learning and development, risk management, health, safety and wellbeing.
- Groups of activities / Ngā mahi katoa (860kb pdf)
Groups of activities.
- Council Controlled Organisations / Ngā whakahaere / Raro / Te mana o te kaunihera (469kb pdf)
Bay Venues Limited, Tauranga Art Gallery Trust, Tourism Bay of Plenty, Local Government Funding Agency, Bay of Plenty Local Authority Shared Services.
- Financials / Pūrongo pūtea (1.4mb pdf)
- Glossary (448kb pdf)