You need to be enrolled with the Electoral Commission to vote in Tauranga City Council elections.
If you live in Tauranga, you can enrol, check or update your details below.
Enrol, check or update your details
If you don't live in Tauranga, but pay rates on a Tauranga property, then you can enrol to vote using the form below.
Ratepayer enrolment form (87kb pdf)
To enrol to vote, you need to:
- be 18-years of age or older
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- have lived in New Zealand, continuously, at any time for one year or more
- have lived at your current address for more than one month
- be a non-resident ratepayer who has applied for enrolment on the ratepayer roll
- be a resident outside of Tauranga and have been nominated by a firm, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property in Tauranga
The electoral rolls for Tauranga and Bay of Plenty can be viewed at:
- Tauranga City Council customer service centres
- Tauranga public libraries
- NZ Post shops (for the latest parliamentary rolls)
Last Reviewed: 14/10/2019