You need to be enrolled with the Electoral Commission to vote in the by-election.
You can enrol, check or update your details below.
Enrol, check or update your details
If you don't live in Tauranga, but pay rates on a property here, then you can enrol to vote using the form below.
Ratepayer enrolment form (77kb pdf)
To enrol to vote, you need to:
- be 18-years of age or older
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- have lived in New Zealand, continuously, at any time for one year or more
- have lived at your current address for more than one month.
You might also be eligible to vote if you are:
- a non-resident ratepayer who has applied for enrolment on the ratepayer roll
- a resident outside of Tauranga who has been nominated by a firm, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property in Tauranga.
The electoral rolls can be viewed at:
- Tauranga City Council's service centre at 91 Willow Street
- Tauranga public libraries
Last Reviewed: 24/11/2020