× Search

COVID-19 information: Tauranga is currently at Alert Level 1. All our facilities and venues are open and services are operating as normal. Find out more.


Enrol to vote

You need to be enrolled with the Electoral Commission to vote in the by-election.

You can enrol, check or update your details below.

Enrol, check or update your details

If you don't live in Tauranga, but pay rates on a property here, then you can enrol to vote using the form below.

Ratepayer enrolment form (77kb pdf)


To enrol to vote, you need to:

  • be 18-years of age or older
  • be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
  • have lived in New Zealand, continuously, at any time for one year or more
  • have lived at your current address for more than one month.

You might also be eligible to vote if you are:

  • a non-resident ratepayer who has applied for enrolment on the ratepayer roll
  • a resident outside of Tauranga who has been nominated by a firm, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property in Tauranga.

Electoral rolls

The electoral rolls can be viewed at:

  • Tauranga City Council's service centre at 91 Willow Street
  • Tauranga public libraries

Last Reviewed: 24/11/2020

Further information

You can find more information about the 2019 local body elections on the Internal Affairs website



Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand  |  Terms of use  |  Site map

Back To Top