There are lots of ways you can contact us - whether there’s something that’s really bugging you, you have a question, or a great idea to improve our city.
You can also let us know if you have a problem with a council-provided service, or if you just want to acknowledge the positive work your council and councillors are doing. We’re here to listen and are committed to providing outstanding service. Like you, our staff, the mayor and councillors want the best for our city.
Give us a call on 07 577 7000. We’re available 24/7, even on public holidays.
When you call us, we may ask for your contact details and date of birth. This information helps us to make sure your customer records are complete and up-to-date.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond to you within two working days.
Feedback and complaints
If you are experiencing a problem with any of our services or you want to let us know what you think of our services or service delivery and how we can improve.
Feedback and complaints form
If you have an urgent enquiry or a work request please contact us on 07 577 7000.
Council takes complaints seriously and encourages customers to come forward if they are not happy with the service received or the process they have or are going through. Complaints give valuable feedback and opportunities for Council to improve its standards.
As a general rule:
- complaints are dealt with in confidence.
- this means the name and address of the person making the complaint is not revealed to the other party, unless required by law to do so or the complainant agrees to the release of the information
- we will not deal with anonymous complaints
- complaints about regulatory issues are not treated as complaints, unless they are concerned about staff behaviour
- complaints about something someone in the community is doing should be in writing and addressed to the “Tauranga City Council” (we will see it gets to the right person)
- complaints about mayor and councillors should be directed to the mayor (same postal address as Council)
Note: issues between neighbours are often civil matters and Council does not become involved unless it involves a bylaw or a non-compliance with a consent condition.
Like us on Facebook, share your thoughts and other residents’ views. www.facebook.com/taurangacitycouncil
Follow us on Twitter
Our Twitter username is @tgacouncil
Follow our page on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/tauranga-city-council
Keep up to date with what’s happening in your neighbourhood and across town https://www.neighbourly.co.nz/organisation/tauranga-city-council
Write to us
Pick up a pen and write to us. Our postal address is Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga 3143. We will respond to your letter within five working days; if we need longer to give a complete response, we will let you know.
Call in and speak to one of our friendly and professional customer service advisors at 91 Willow Street, Tauranga. We’ll find the best person for you to talk to. Our opening hours are 8:30am to 5pm weekdays (please note - on Wednesday we open at 9am).
Our customer service centre is closed on weekends and public holidays. Call us on 07 577 7000 if you need assistance on any of those days.
Contact the mayor and councillors
You can contact your mayor and councillors by phoning 07 985 6171 and leaving a voice message.
To contact them individually, see the mayor and councillors contact page.
Meet with the mayor
If you would like to meet with the mayor in person, you can make an appointment by calling his executive assistant on 07 577 7011.
Speak at a Council meeting
Do you have a great idea to make your city or your community even better? An innovative proposal to address an issue your city is grappling with?
Come speak to Council in a public forum. Public forums are periods of time set aside at the beginning of committee and council meetings where people or organisations have 10 minutes each to present ideas to their elected representatives.
Contact our governance team to arrange a time by emailing email@example.com
Official information requests and media enquiries
Make an official information request or media enquiry
Our services on weekends and public holidays
Holiday period opening hours and services 2019/20
- Our contact centre is available 24/7, even on public holidays, on 07 577 7000.
- Our customer service centre at 91 Willow Street is closed on weekends and public holidays and for a few days over the summer holidays.
- Our libraries are closed on public holidays, but open most weekends. Note all libraries are closed on Easter Sunday.
- Our transfer stations are open year-round except for Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday (Easter).
- There are no kerbside rubbish collections on Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday (Easter). Normal service operates on all other public holidays.
- Good Friday
Good Friday collections will take place the next day, on Easter Saturday.
- Christmas Day
If Christmas Day falls on a Monday or Tuesday, your collection will be on the Saturday BEFORE.
If Christmas Day falls on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday your collection will be on the Saturday AFTER.
- New Year’s Day
If New Year’s Day falls on a Monday or Tuesday, your collection will be on the Saturday BEFORE
If New Year’s Day falls on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday your collection will be on the Saturday AFTER.
- Noise control and animal control services are available 24/7 all year round on 07 577 7000.
- Parking in CBD is free on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Time restrictions apply at all times.
Map of where to park in the CBD (114kb pdf)
Last Reviewed: 19/10/2020