× Search

Tauranga is now in prohibited fire season | Sprinkler and irrigation system ban now in place for Tauranga


Apply for a service connection (SCA)

A service connection application, or SCA, must be completed and an approval issued for all connections to Council owned infrastructure. 

Connections to Council's water supply system are normally arranged through the subdivision or building consent process. All connections to Council infrastructure (with the exception of a vehicle crossing) must be carried out by a Council approved contractor listed below.

List of companies who have Council approved contractors (434kb pdf)

If you have any questions regarding approved contractors, please contact Brian Brown at Tauranga City Council.

Last Reviewed: 26/06/2020

as 1 August 2020

Services that may require a Service Connection Approval are: water / wastewater / stormwater connections, streetlight relocation and vehicle crossings. All Service Connection Applications require the payment of a refundable Asset Protection Bond.

 All fees in the following tables are stated inclusive of GST, unless otherwise stated.

Service connection fees Charges
Service connection application fee $228.00
Water, wastewater and stormwater connection inspection fees $145.00 (Maximum of two inspection fees charged per application).
Refundable asset protection bond $1000.00 for residential or $2000.00 for commercial (no GST)
Bond processing and inspection fee $248.00 or $342.00 with a vehicle crossing
Streetlight relocation fee $476.00

Last Reviewed: 10/09/2020

Tauranga City Council, Private Bag 12022, Tauranga, 3143, New Zealand  |  Terms of use  |  Site map

Back To Top