Council's District Licensing Committees are responsible for making alcohol licensing decisions in Tauranga.
The committee makes the final decisions on new and renewed alcohol licence applications, variations and decides on enforcement action for special licences.
The committee also mediates contested applications, generally through public hearings.
District Licensing Committee members
The committee members are:
- Murray Clearwater – Commissioner
- David Stewart – Commissioner
- Beverley Edlin – Commissioner
- Andrew Baker - Commissioner
- Graeme Cushing - List member
- Matire Duncan - List member
- Turapaki 'Joe' Gardiner - List member
- Alan Tate - List member
DLC members were appointed in December 2022 for 5 year terms